I love all animals, but if you asked me to choose one pet to have, I’m definitely a dog person. I came across this list of “Lessons from a Dog” awhile back (I think it was one of those email forwards) and it pretty much sums up why I think dogs rock.
1. Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joy ride.
2. Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
3. When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
4. When it’s in your best interest, practice obedience.
5. Let others know when they’ve invaded your territory.
6. Take naps and stretch before rising.
7. Run, romp, and play daily.
8. Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.
9. Be loyal.
10. If what you want lies burried, dig until you find it.
11. When someone is having a bad day, be silent. Sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
12. Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
13. Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
14. When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
15. No matter how often you’re scolded, don’t buy into the guilt thing and pout…run right back and make friends
16. Delight in the simple joys of a long walk.
This past month I had the joy of taking care of my friends’ two dogs for a week and of course I had to take some pictures…
We enjoy all the dogs that have come to the studio for a portrait session…if you want to see some of them they’ll be featured in our August e-mail newsletter so make sure you’re signed up for it! (you can sign up here on the blog by clicking the link in the right-hand column)